Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Virginia Beach

On the private beach at Camp Pendleton


Military Dad!
Playing in the waves
Resting in our hotel
Swimming in the pool



For Mike's drill in March he had to go to a special medical meeting at Camp Pendleton which is at Virginia Beach, Va. We all tagged along to make it a little family vacation. We originally checked into a little 2 bedroom military housing unit, it was nice we were the first people to stay in it. It had a kitchen and was right across the street from where Mike's meeting was so that I could have the car. So we spent the first night out getting food to fill our little kitchen and had a good nights rest (as good as you can have with 2 little girls sleeping with you. While Mike had a room to himself.) In the morning Mike took a shower and while he was in the shower I kept hearing strange noises coming from the kitchen sink. So Mike left for his meeting
and I took a shower and noticed that it didn't drain and the toilet was plugged. So I called the housing people to tell them about the shower, toilet and tv (it didn't work either). I left a message and soon got a call back saying the tv would work soon and the plumbing guy was on his way to take a look. The girls and I left to go explore the beach and town, but soon got a phone call telling us we had to move out of our unit and go find a hotel. I guess the plumbing issue was bigger than expected and wouldn't be able to be fixed over the weekend.  So the hunt was on for a hotel, my only major criterial was that it had a heated indoor pool. I quickly found on and Raquel spent the rest of the day swimming in it, being March the beach was too cold.  The hotel room was a lot smaller then the military housing unit but in the end I'm glad that we had to move to the hotel. It gave Raquel something to do and made the trip a lot of fun! And the military ended up paying for our hotel, food and gas which made it a pretty cheap family vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment