Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Roomates

Raquel has been asking for a while to have her baby sister sleep with her. It was my plan to move Nataly into Raquels room in the winter so that we didn't have to heat two rooms and Natalya's room is always cold since it doesn't get direct sunlight. So today was the day, I took Natalya's crib apart enough so that I could get it though the doors. Everything went just fine except I picked the wrong time of day to do it, Natalya's nap time. She was fine for the first bit but then started to get quite tired and wanted to get into her crib. I thought it might be a bit of an adjustment for both girls but it was nice because I could read books to both of them and get them to bed at the same time. Hopefully every night will go as smoothly as tonight.

The girls and I had the opportunity to have my parents come and visit. It was a short few days and it rained half the time they were here and I was sick the other half but it was good to see them. The girls had fun playing with Grandma and Papa and it was a good break for me.

We passed the one month mark of Mike being gone. Its hard to believe that its been that long but at the same time its hard to believe that it has only been that long. We miss him!

Raquel is really enjoying preschool and amazes me everyday with the things that she learns. She is such a big help to me and has such a joy and love for life like her dad. She is taking swimming lessons again and is becoming mobile, so hopefully she can move up to the next level of lessons. She loves peanut butter and honey sandwiches and eats them for at least one if not two meals a day if I let her.

Natalya is growing and getting cuter everyday. She is a fast crawler and I'm sure it won't be long before she is walking. She is able to say Mama and Dada and is able to whine a lot, but we are working on that. She loves the water like her sister, so I guess I'd better get her in swim lessons too (I'd be more willing to do it if I didn't have to get in the water myself, its cold!). Her and Raquel love taking baths and showers together.

No comments:

Post a Comment