Friday, December 25, 2009

Snow, Snow and more Snow

After being home for a week we had Mike's office Christmas party at our house on the 18th. Earlier in the week the weatherman forecasted a big snow storm starting Friday and so the party was moved up from 7pm to 1:30pm. I volunteered to make the main dish for the party, I made Cafe Rio pork (Mmmm!) and regular taco meat and all the fixing for the tacos. People came, everything was good, and then it started to snow and everyone got worry because most of them live out of town.
Within 1 1/2 hours the party was over and we were left with a lot of food. Not wanting major leftovers we called up all our neighbors that were within walking distance (because the snow had already made the roads extremely slippery) and had them over for a party to help eat all the food. It was great made food for one party and used it for two!


Enjoying the snow fall while daddy pulled them down the road.


A picture of our street during the snow storm.





The snow began falling Friday at 2pm and continued through the night and all of Saturday. We woke up to a wonderland of snow. Its the most snow that we have seen in one snow storm in a long time, our neighbor measured 16 inches! So what do you do when your neighborhood is covered in snow? Build snowmen and go sledding of course and that's exactly what we did.

We headed to our nearby park to sled, both Natalya and Raquel had lots of fun. We even brought the dogs in the back of the truck to come join in the winter fun. They had lots of fun running through the snow at the park.
Getting ready to go to the park with the dogs.


Sledding with daddy!


Sitting and enjoying watching the sledding, we only have one sled.
She did sled a couple of times and enjoyed it.

Next of course we had to make snowmen! We started out making one snowman, we rolled the bottom and then the middle. But when Mike and I tried to put the middle on the base it was too heavy. We decided to make it into another snowman, a mommy snowman to go along with the daddy snowman. After starting two snowmen Raquel wanted to make herself into a snowman and then we couldn't leave Natalya out, so we ended up making four snowman to represent our family. It has been fun having so much snow to play in for the past week!

Raquel with her snowman


Our family of snowmen!

2 comments:

  1. what a darling family. so glad michael is home to enjoy the family and play you looko happy with each other. The snowmen were great. So much snow,, and you really made the most of it. Thanks for sharing your pictures We love you so much We loved looking at the pictures and sharing in the snow. You must be the greatest neighbors to share your food so often. We miss you Michael. Thanks for the pictures. Natalya and raquel are so beautiful. What proud .parents you are. those smiles tell it all
    from mike and marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    We rushed to call you on Sunday after seeing your blog pictures that I didn't even get a chance to comment or read all of your post. Your pictures are amazing! Your house and little family look like they're part of a Winter Wonderland magazine shoot. So beautiful! You'll have to tell me how you made your Cafe Rio meat. I have not had very good 'cooking success' this holiday season. :) I didn't even read the post about poor Raquel's hair. haha. What a little stinker. I can't even imagine what you were thinking when you walked in. Good thing she's so pretty so the hair will never make a difference. :) The haircut is actually cute. I love her little smile and new haircut watching Michael at her class. Love you guys!
    Nan
    BTW I saw the anonymous post above. I was like...how freaky...who leaves those? Then I saw who it was. haha. GEEZE...I've never had a comment on my blog from them. haha.

    ReplyDelete