We are finally seeing warm weather and enjoying being outside. The snow is almost all melted and we have been able to do a little yard work, wash the cars and take much needed walks outside. But even with the nice weather March has been full of sickness in our family. Poor Raquel developed croup last week and is now just getting over it. We had a few restless nights with coughing and throwing up, but thankfully Mike was here and had a few steroids on hand to help. It was amazing how much energy the sickness took from Raquel, she wasn't her happy bubbly self and so sad to see how much she hurt. Luckily Natalya hasn't gotten it yet, but she has had to deal with her own cold and runny nose. And between Mike and I we have had our share of headaches, runny noses and upset stomachs to last us the rest of the year. But I think we are all on the mend and having nice weather to play in will surely speed our recovery.
March is also Raquel's birthday month and so we had her 4 yr. old picture taken last week. I can't believe how big she is getting and what a cute and sweet girl she is becoming. She is continuing with swim lessons and loves the water. If you ask her what she wants to be when she grows-up it is a swimmer and a princess.
Monday I was able to attend a parent/teacher conference and discuss how Raquel is doing in preschool. Her teacher said, "Raquel is our bubbly, effervescent class member! She is always smiling, always willing to try something new. She is delightfully independent. She tries, and is successful at all Preschool activities. She loves art, music and story time. Raquel is a good friend, and shows concern when others get hurt. She shares well and often joins group play. She enjoys both group and independent play." Raquel can spell and write her name and enjoys doing homework and learning new letters and numbers. She really has enjoyed preschool this year and we will enroll her again next year.




How sad! Croup sounds horrible. I bet that was weird to see Raquel like that. I hope you all are feeling better now. Glad Michael had his meds available and hope that you two were able to switch off being sick. :) Let me know if I can send you a can of chicken noodle soup. :) haha.
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Raquel!! Preschool sounds like it's so much fun! You guys have done such a good job with helping her become such a cute student and classmate. She would be so much fun to have in a class.
Miss you guys!