Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Freezing in Arizona

Raquel was able to go swimming with Papa one last time the beginning of our 2nd week in Phoenix right before it turned to freezing temperatures. They hit the pool and then lunch at McDonald's while I took my Aunt and Uncle to the airport to pick up a rental car so that they could get around. They headed out of town to California to visit my cousin while I headed to Ikea with Marcus and Natalya to see if there was anything fun to buy. Unfortunately I forgot how busy Ikea gets on Saturday and I had a fussy baby so I didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped. At least the ride home was nice with two sleeping kids.

Monday Grandma took us to the Cerreta Chocolate factory where we were able to watch them make chocolates and eat lots of samples. The tour wasn't as exciting as expected but we did get to see them make chocolate covered marshmallows rolled in peppermint pieces on a machine that was like the one used in the "I Love Lucy" TV show and best of all we got to sample the marshmallows and a few other chocolate covered candies. My mom bought a bag full of chocolates and caramels that we ate on the way to meet my sister for lunch.

We had a fun visit with my sister over lunch and enjoyed being able to see her again. We headed home after lunch where we dropped Grandma off to get a little quiet time and the rest of us headed to the library for some fun. Grandma's public library is so much fun with lots of puzzles, toys, games, computers and of course books to use.

Also today Marcus tried baby food for the first and loved it! He is the first of our kids that truly loves rice cereal and gobbles it up every time I make it for him. You would think I was starving him with the way he attacks the spoon and gets up set if you don't give it to him fast enough.


Watching the marshmallows being dipped in chocolate.


Enjoying her yummy marshmallow!

I found Natalya hanging out in the toy baby crib playing my iphone.


Wednesday the girls got a special treat, Grandma and Grandpa Kennedy and Aunt Natalie came to visit. Mike and Marsha just happened to be in Southern California trying out the snow bird thing so they decided to take the short drive over with Natalie to see their newest grand-baby Marcus and his two big sisters. Grandma and Grandpa Kennedy and Natalie came over for breakfast and stayed and played all day. It was freezing outside and so we didn't get to go swimming like we had hoped but the girls had lots of fun climbing all over Grandpa and playing with Natalie and Grandma Kennedy. The girls especially loved the new night gowns that Grandma brought and wear them every chance they get. They gladly change into their pj's shortly after lunch time when I let them because they love their new pink pajamas so much.

The next day Mike, Marsha and Natalie came back for more fun and brought Uncle Kenny and Aunt Judy to visit. We all headed to Cabelas to check out all the animals. The place was huge and the girls saw lots of different animals including an elephant, polar bear, lots of deer and fish. They even had a waterfall in the store, did I mention that the place was huge. Grandma and Grandpa Kennedy and Natalie had to head back to California, but we sure had fun visiting even if it was for a short time. Thanks guys for making the effort to come and play!


Grandpa Kennedy and the girls



Grandpa Kennedy and Marcus


Aunt Natalie and Natalya


Playing with Grandpa Kennedy in their new PJ's.


Reading books with Grandma & Grandpa


Hanging out at Cabela's


Grandma Clinger and the girls


Grandma Kennedy, Marcus & Aunt Judy


Grandma Clinger & Raquel



The beginning of the Chinese New Year started while we were in Phoenix and so I decided it was a good excuse to go to one of my favorite restaurants and eat Chinese food. The girls sure had fun trying to eat with chopsticks.





Our time in Arizona came to an end, the kids all travelled wonderfully on the long flight back to Virginia.
We were all very excited to see daddy after two weeks away from home.


Marcus and Raquel on the plane ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment