Erik Michael Kennedy
April 12, 2012 at 3:06pm
7 lbs 3.9 oz and 20 1/4 inches
This little guy really wanted to hang out in mommies tummy for the whole 40 weeks. We decided to give him a little help in coming out. I had a doctors appointment the day before my due day on the 11th. I had been having a few mild contractions over the course of about 5 days, so the doctor checked and I was dilated to 5. The decision was made to have me come into the hospital early Thursday morning and have my water broke in hopes it would progress things along. Mike and I arrived at the hospital around 6:45am and I was dilated to 6. Dr. Zolovick then came in around 8 am, broke my water and then we waited. We waited for about 3 hrs and nothing more happened. Mike likes to tell everyone when the nurse came into see how my pain was I told her a 0 even though I had been having major contractions. Since I wasn't in a lot of pain I guess they figured I wasn't progressing on my own so I was given a small dose of platosin to kick start my labor and about 4 hours later our little guy was born.
Mike brought the kids to come meet their little brother later that night. Natalya was very excited to hold her little brother. Marcus was interested for a little while and then had fun playing in the curtains. Well Raquel also enjoyed holding her little brother.
| Hanging out waiting for our little guy to come |
| Mom & Erik |
| Of course I chose to try a pain medicine/epidural free birth with our biggest baby. Not that 7 lbs is a huge baby, just big compared to the rest of our kids. |
| Proud Dad |
| Little Erik |
| The whole family |
| Raquel & baby Erik |
| Having fun at the Hospital |
| Marcus is doing what any good big brother should do. Poking his eyes to make sure they work |
| Natalya, Erik & Marcus |
| 1 day old |
| Natalya a very proud big sister. She loves to hold her little brother. |




No comments:
Post a Comment