An exact replica of the original Lafayette Hermione ship was made and came to Yorktown. The kids and I were able to see it and take a tour of the ship. It was a very popular attraction and took us a few hours of waiting in line to see. Just before we were to board the ship a big storm came up and started to rain, thunder and lightening. They closed down the ship and would't let anyone board. I couldn't believe we had waited all this time and now wouldn't see it. A lot of people left but we decided to stay in case the storm blew away. We were in luck, with in a few minutes they started letting people back on the ship and we were one of the first on. The kids and I really enjoyed seeing and learning about the history of Lafayette and his ship.
Saturday, June 6, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment