What a fun busy week we have had, it started out with Raquel starting a dance class. I have been looking to put Raquel in a dance class for a while and have looked around and was not happy with what I found. I didn't like that every where had a dance code which meant that we would have to buy 2 pairs of dance shoes, a couple of outfits and deal with performances. I just wanted to have her be able to go have fun and let out some energy and not have to pay a ton to do it. So I was talking with one of the moms in the Blacksburg moms group about it and she told me about another mom in the group that was teaching a low key dance class once a week and so we decided to check it out. Its great, she can wear what she wants and had a blast on Monday!
Tuesday we went and had an official family picture taken. We thought we should have one taken before Mike gets deployed. The pictures turned out well and I'll post one when we get them.
Wednesday Mike and I attended a Catholic funeral of one of the providers that worked with Mike. It was quite interesting, it was a full Catholic Mass which I have never been to before and it was unlike any funeral I had been too. The funeral was a full mass with communion and such and then at the very end they talked a little about Laura's life. Going to a funeral of someone so young makes you think about your life a little and makes you want to live your life to the fullest.
Thursday Raquel finished her second set of swim lessons this summer. Its fun to see her improving, she now is a little mobile. She sure loves the water, and is so brave. She even went off the diving board twice, with her teacher catching her of course.
Saturday we woke up to a yard full of trucks, machines and men. They started replacing our roof, its amazing how fast they worked. Our old roof was so bad that some of the shingles just crumbled when they were taking them off, every time it rained our gutters would be filled with the little pebbles from the roof and clog them so they wouldn't work and faded and mossy. Our new roof is awesome! It may be a little weird that I'm so happy about it but it looks great!
Saturday morning the girls and I took a walk down the street to a neighbors that was having a yard sale and bought a few new toys for Rauqel, she sure had fun and would have brought home every toy there if I would have let her.
Later Saturday night our neighbors Ann, Wes, Mark and David had a send-off party for Mike. It was so much fun, we closed down the street and had a block party. Lots of our neighbors, people from church and from Mike's work came to help celebrate. We had lots of great food and good conversation. Sorry no pictures, we were having to much fun and forgot.
Raquel floating at her swim lessons.
A cool spider web that was on our porch.
The roofers starting to tare off our roof.
I told Raquel that she had to stay on the front porch while the roofers were here, but she loved being outside and would sit out there and watch.
Raquel playing with her new puzzles from the yard sale.




No comments:
Post a Comment