The school bus passes by our house 4 times a day on school days and Raquel has begged to ride ever since she was 18 months old. She has patiently waited 4 long years to ride the school bus and today she finally got her wish. It was kindergarten preview day at school, where the up and coming kindergarten students spend a few hours at school in one of the 3 kindergarten classrooms to help them prepare for their own first day of school.
The kids were able to ride the bus into school. I asked Raquel if she was scared to ride the bus since she didn't know anyone and my brave little girl replied that it was ok, because she would make new friends. I was definitely more nervous about her going than she was, so I reluctantly put here on the bus and then headed to school so that I could make sure she got to where she was suppose to go once she arrived at school. Raquel bounded off the bus and ran to me because she was so excited she finally got to ride the bus. I was hoping to get to drive her to and from school next year but I think it might be hard talking her out of riding the bus.



After spending a couple of hours at kindergarten I went to pick Raquel up and she was not ready to go. She was so sad that she couldn't stay the whole day. She actually ended up in the same class as her friend Autumn who is currently in kindergarten and with 3 other kids she knows from preschool and church. They gave them desks to sit at, made an art project and did workbook pages. The teacher said Raquel had no problems and fit in perfectly.
Sad, my little girl is growing up and is already for kindergarten, at least I have 4 more months of her before I have to send her off all day.
Waiting for the bus with her friend Autumn.
Bounding off the bus at school!
Today we also got to celebrate Raquel at her Spring swim banquet where she received a trophy. Raquel has improved so much in her swimming from the beginning of the swim season in Sept. She went from swimming a few strokes to swimming 25 freestyle and 25 backstroke easily. She also learned to breathe to the side. We are proud of our little swimmer and excited to continue to watch her swim and improve.
Receiving her award at the swim banquet




No comments:
Post a Comment