Once again Mike had a medical conference to attend and we tagged alone for the ride. This time we went to Chapel Hill, NC. Besides a bit of sickness that hit most of the family while there we really enjoyed our time exploring and soaking in the 80 degree weather. We spent a lot of time outside and in the hotel pooling keeping cool.
The first day of the conference the kids and I decided we would go explore the Planetarium and Science Center on the UNC campus. After finding parking about 5 blocks away, which wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't 36 weeks pregnant and had to carry a 18 month old in 80 degree weather. But we did make it and to the planetarium which ended up being not much to see for the kids because the exhibits are only open on the weekend during the school year and all the shows were sold out because of lots of school groups. We did enjoy the nice weather and the kids got to run around a little outside.
It ended up that we had to pick up Mike early from his conference because he wasn't feeling well so it worked out ok. After bring Mike back to the hotel the kids and I enjoyed some lunch and a little shopping before heading back to the hotel for a dip in the pool. So not the day I had planned but we all had fun anyways.
The girls posing while exploring the UNC campus





No comments:
Post a Comment