Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

We have had a fun filled week of Halloween fun! We started the week on Sunday with pumpkin carving at our friend Ann's house with Ann, Wes and Berfun. Raquel helped design the face while I carved. Natalya liked trying to eat the raw pumpkin seeds that we were scooping out.
On Tues. we attending story time at the church where they read lots of halloween books, sang songs and made a popcorn witch hand with candy corn fingernails. Then we headed to lunch bunch were we feasted on fun halloween inspired food like mummy dogs, mummy pizzas, bone bread sticks, spider web dip and witches brew to drink. It was lots of fun and gave me a lot of good ideas for halloween food that I might just have to try at a party next year.
Next on Wed. we had our ward trunk or treat at the church. Raquel dressed up as a pink fairy and Natalya a black cat and they both ate lots of candy. After collecting candy the ward had a little carnival set up in the gym with a haunted house, cake walk, fishing game and face painting.
On Thurs. the girls got to dress-up again in their costumes and participate in a halloween parade at Warm Hearth, an assisted living facility for the elderly. The kids paraded around and showed their costumes to the residences and received little treat bags full of candy and toys.
Friday Raquel had a halloween party at school where she again got to wear her costume and parade around the other classes rooms to show it off. I made halloween sugar cookies for her to share at her party.
That brings us to today where we spent the morning taking the dogs for a walk to the park and took some pictures of the girls enjoying the beautiful warm fall day. This evening I took Raquel and Natalya trick or treating with Raquel's friend Autumn's family in Christiansburg. We went to a neighborhood where a Autumn's Aunt and Uncle live, where the houses are close together and most of the people sit out in their driveways so you don't even have to climb steps and ring door bells. We started out with about 8 kids trick or treating together and one by one they all got too tired and went home but Raquel held on and was the last one to finally say she had had enough. We then headed to the Aunts house for a little halloween party. Ate some food, let the kids play and then headed home where Raquel quickly fell asleep in the car. Both girls definitely got good use of their costumes this year.


On our way to carving pumpkins. Had to take them in the wagon because I couldn't carry both Natalya and the pumpkin to Ann's house.


Ann helping clean out the pumpkins with the girls.


The girls modeling the carved pumpkin.


Natalya the cat and Raquel the pink fairy on the way to trunk or treat.


Raquel lining up for the parade at her preschool.


Some fun spider cupcakes and fingers that a friend brought us for Halloween.


Fall leaves!


Raquel getting buried in the leaves.


Raquel swinging at the park with her friend Autumn.


Natalya playing on the slide.


Raquel and Autumn trick or treating on Halloween.



2 comments:

  1. Andrea your girls are so cute! You are such a good mom. I love your fingers and cupcakes! Give them a squeeze for me! Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Halloween sounds awesome. How fun! I'm sorry, but I don't think I could've eaten those fingers! :) haha. They looked pretty real. I love their costumes. I bet Michael hates not being there to trick or treat. I love the leaf pictures. There's something about fall pictures that makes you want to rake up leaves and jump in the pile. :)

    ReplyDelete