After our horrible day yesterday in Roanoke I really didn't have any desire to head back anytime soon. But Mike motivated me and after dropping Raquel off at preschool I headed back with the other two kids. First, we stopped at Mike's office to get a copy of the correct documents that I needed to prove Marcus was who I said he was and a few others just in case. I wasn't going to be turned away again from getting Marcus' card. The day was much better, no rain and the two kids slept the whole way to Roanoke. We found a parking spot right across from the Social Security building and I had remember the stroller today so it made it a lot easier to maneuver everyone. We arrived at the waiting area, took our number and waited for it to be called. Within 15 minutes our number had been called, all documents shown and signed, and a promise that a new social security card would be in the mail within a few weeks. What a difference a day makes! Out the door in 15 minutes and on our way to the Science Museum.
We again found a parking spot close to the building and made our way into the Science Museum. We got our family membership paid for and still had a little time before we had to head back to pick up Raquel from preschool so Natalya and I explored some of the museum.
Natalya definitely isn't as adventurous as Raquel, which made it a little difficult in trying to get her to try new things. I know that it will help having Raquel there next time to show Natalya all the fun things to do and explore. We didn't have lots of time and Marcus was starting to get fussy so we just took a quick tour of a few exhibits and heading back home. Today was so much better and I got everything accomplished quicker and easier than expected.


Playing the xylophone.

Natalya's favortie part was the puzzles!
Alright...so I missed this one before reading about your wreck and sucky day. :) Looks like all turned out great. I'm so glad it was only a 15 minute wait! Way to check off a few things from the list. That always feels good.
ReplyDelete