Saturday, January 15, 2011

Our weekend

We had a fun and productive time this weekend as a family. We took the kids swimming on Friday and Saturday, picked up our 1/2 cow and finally finished the shelves in our pantry. I think I'm most excited about getting the shelves done so that I can finally put all my food back on the shelves. It will be so nice not having to hunt down all the ingredients that I need from the 3 or 4 different locations that we were storing it. With the shelves done all we need to do now to finish our kitchen and pantry remodel is paint the ceiling, new light fixtures and put up the baseboards and trim. Hopefully we will get it all done soon since it has almost been a year since we started the whole project.


Marcus tried on the swim cap that I got for Raquel for swim team. It was too tight for her and hurt her head. You can see why it would since its even tight for a little 4 month old.



Mike took the girls to go pick-up our 1/2 a cow from the butchers. A lady Mike works with raise the grass feed cow and let us buy half of it. It sure filled up our freezer nicely, and I can't wait to try the roasts and steaks.


Our finished pantry shelves.
Now I just have to find all the food that has been stashed around the house waiting for the shelves to be done. Mike also put in a little bench with hooks for coats and cubbies for shoes and miscellaneous stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment